Life Rules for Your Daughters & Granddaughters
Here’s some of the most relevant ideas to share with your girls!
- Make your bed every day, even if it’s right before you get in it.
- Don’t worry about holey underwear… if you’re ever in an accident, it’s the least thing anyone cares about.
- Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
- It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash (some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
- If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience.
- Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
- You are a woman, you do not NEED a man!!
- Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse the two.
- If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
- Never walk through an alley alone.
- Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
- Can’t is a cop-out. Don’t want to is another thing…your call.
- Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
- If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
- Your body, your rules.
- If you have an opinion, you better know why.
- Practice your passions.
- Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
- Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
- Stay as sweet as you are.
- Fall in love often, particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
- Fall hard and forever in love with nothing but yourself.
- Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
- Naps are for grown-ups, too.
- Question everything, except your own intuition.
- You have enough. You are enough.
- You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does…walk away. You deserve better.
- No matter where you are, you can always come home.
- Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- No one will ever love you more than I do.
- Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
- If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown.
*Article reprinted from Ladiespassiton.com
Do you subscribe to our YouTube channel?
We share videos — with grandmas interviewing their grandkids in a series called “Frankly Kids”. We even have a make-up tutorial. Check us out. Here’s an example of one of our videos: