A Special Valentine For Your Favorite Grandchild!
We know that we might not be able to see our grandchildren on EVERY holiday (even though we sure wish we could!), but sometimes getting that special letter (or gift!) in the mail can show the special kiddos in your life exactly how much you love them. We put together a sweet valentine idea, as well as an adorable recipe, for those of you who might actually get to spend the day with your little loves. Enjoy!
Easy to Make Heart-Shaped Pizza
The kids will love this heart-shaped pizza — perfect for Valentine’s Day dinner. With basic ingredients like mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, you can’t go wrong. Feel free to adjust the toppings according to your family tastes.
What you’ll need
- 2 Pillsbury crescent roll tubes
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Oregano or other spices
- It’s also helpful to have a heart shaped pan (get the heart shaped pan here!), but not necessary. (You can’t go wrong with a HEART shaped pan – you can use it over and over).
- Use the heart pan as a base to mold the crescent dough around; if you don’t have one, just use a baking sheet and your best skills to cut out a heart with a very sharp knife.
- Spoon on the sauce, sprinkle the cheese, place the pepperoni; then start scrunching over the pizza dough (calzone style). See picture of heart.
- Trim the edges when you pull them from the outside to the inside, but you can just plop it, however, if you aren’t concerned with that. Make sure not to throw out any scrap crescent roll…. You can always make tiny pepperoni roll-ups with them!
The final product…Voila!
The Perfect Valentine’s Gift for Kids Near and Far
We know the grandkids are always waiting for their next gift from granny and grandpa, so why not personalize this very affordable, adorable Memory Card Game with your very own family photos?! Make this Valentine’s Day extra special with a game they’ll never forget. Choose from a wide variety of designs.