Let’s Be Creative with Our Grandkids
a special feature by Ali Goldberg, Enrichment Teacher*
It’s such a kick to do art activities with the grandkids. There are so many wonderful things to create. These “UFO’s” are easy, and supply extra playtime when they are completed.
- Small paper plate
- Paper bowl
- Clear plastic cup
- Googly eyes
- Tacky glue
- Place bowl upside down onto plate to form UFO shape.
- Lay out a piece of foil and turn UFO upside down onto foil and wrap it.
- Glue pom-pom in the middle of the top of the UFO.
- Glue googly eyes onto pom-pom to create an alien!
- Glue rim of clear plastic cup and glue cup upside down on top of UFO, trapping the alien inside.
- Glue rhinestones wherever desired on UFO to create “lights”.
- Play with your UFO!
*I’m Ali! I’m the Lead Enrichment Teacher at Piper Preschool. I develop and lead a wide array of classes including art, science, taste, construction, gardening, games, yoga, and literature. I’m a 31 year old, LA native, only child, raised by my single mother. My grandma, “Ommy”, was my second parent. She was the funniest person I’ve ever known. When I was no older than 5, Ommy and I had a craft day where we made a life size paper dress for me. Ommy wrote my name across the chest of the dress. We looked in the mirror and Ommy read my name aloud: “Nosila Grebdlog”. This was of course my name, Alison Goldberg, read backwards as it looked in the mirror. From that day forward that was what Ommy affectionately called me. That craft day is one of many cherished memories with my Ommy.