What child doesn’t love to finger paint? We can’t think of a one!
Children and painting are a perfect blend of self-expression, imagination and securing the artistic side of life. At any age, painting is a delightful way to spend a few moments of special time together. Here’s a great simple homemade recipe* for instant finger paint that you can mix in your kitchen:
What you will need:
Assorted food coloring
Paper for painting
Plastic cups to make different colors
Masking tape or blue tape (be sure to use a tape that won’t take finish off the table)
- In a plastic cup, mix 2 tablespoons of white flour with a little water to make a thin paste with a few drops of desired food coloring. Repeat for each different color.
- Tape waxed paper to the table (we suggest putting something underneath to prevent seepage)
- Put a blob of paint onto the wax paper
- Let the kids begin to finger paint, and create
(they are making their artwork on the wax paper)
- To save their creation…press a piece of regular paper over the wax paper
- Gently peel off the top piece of paper
- Hang to dry & Viola’!
- This recipe is courtesy of one of Grandparentslink.com’s subscribers, Grandma Peggy (Nonny) from New York City. Thank you Peggy!