5 Beauty Tips for Looking Younger
- Protect Your Neck: Avoiding spritzing fragrance directly on your neck or decolletage, since these areas are more prone to photosensitivity (redness or inflammation from the sun). “Over time this will lead to increased wrinkling and hyperpigmentation,” says Judith Galambossi, lead skin therapist at the Erno Laszlo Institute.
- Keep Hair Shiny: The next time you boil rice, save the water-which is rich in vitamin B and antioxidants-to use a shine treatment for aging, lackluster hair. “Jasmine rice has much more starch and releases more active ingredients, but any rice will work,” says New York clinical herbalist Jill Blakeway. After shampooing, pour the cooled water over your strands and massage in. Let it sit on your head for 5 minutes before rinsing clear.
- Boost Radiance: Dangle upside down for 3 minutes every day. Why? Doing so will send blood to your face, which delivers oxygen and nutrients- along with a lovely youthful glow, says celebrity esthetician Renee Rouleau.
- Calm Redness: Apply a light layer of plain Greek Yogurt to your face weekly for 10 minutes. “The probiotics in the yogurt are both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, so they soothe sensitive skin,” says Roshini Raj, MD, creator of TULA skincare. Greek Yogurt has lactic acid, which exfoliates and brightens your skin, too!
- Wear Non-Metal Sunglasses: When you squint, the repeated muscle contractions cause tiny fine lines around your eyes (a.k.a. crow’s feet). Slipping on a pair of shades helps protect this delicate area, “Sunlight can reflect off them back toward your skin and cause lines to deepen,” says Galambossi.
*Article reprinted from: www.womansday.com, February 2015, pg 54.