‘Twas the night before’…, and you want to get your home smelling of holiday and all that warmth…here’s 5 ways to accomplish just that!
1. Boil some orange peels with a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon on medium heat.
2. Make your house smell super fresh! Simmer 3 lemons, sprigs of rosemary, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, & 4 cups of water!
3. Cut an apple (any variety) into quarters. Put the apple pieces in a small pan. Fill the pan with water. Add some cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. Sprinkle in a little ground cinnamon if you want. Then, add a teaspoon or more of vanilla extract. Simmer on the stovetop, being careful not to let the water boil away. This is a wonderful holiday scent.
4. If you are going to have company over or you just want your house to smell delicious, place 2 teaspoons of vanilla into a coffee mug and place in a 250-300 degree oven for 1 hour.
5. Or, of course you could bake a batch of cookies!