Make Your Thanksgiving ‘Thankful’
5 Great Ways to Give Thanks!
We know with the holidays just around the corner, it’s really a time to not only think about ourselves, but about others as well. We can’t stress enough how important it is to just take a moment, reach out and say thank you. There’s no right or wrong way because thoughtfulness is contagious! Best of all, giving thanks is an acknowledgement of being aware of your surroundings, of people and situations- it’s truly a mindful activity. Take this opportunity to set a wonderful example for all the members of your family- you can truly be a trendsetter!
- • Use one of those rainy dreary days to bake some home made goodies! Now go head and deliver a box of whatever you made to your local firehouse. Those firefighters will be beyond appreciative!
- • Don’t forget about Mr. or Ms. Postman this season! After all, the mailman is the one delivering all those cards and gifts on time! Get your family together to design and decorate a personalized card to let him or her know how thankful you are for all the many daily mail deliveries. They will be so excited to get some mail for themselves.
- • Head down to your local food pantry and check out what they’re running low on. Every town has a food pantry with tons of local families needing your help. Clean out those cabinets and make someone’s holiday dinner that much happier and yummier!
- • Going shopping for this season’s trendiest winter jacket? That’s fine. But don’t forget to go through those closets and give away any jackets not being used. A warm jacket is one gift that can help anyone feel ‘thankful’ this year! Clothing drop-offs are usually outside of any major grocery story or Salvation Army.
- • Make a list and check it twice — but not for Santa! This list should be a list of everything you are thankful for this year. Exchange lists with a family member and see how many ‘thankful’ things you have in common! Once you sit down and really think about what there is to be thankful for, you will feel thankful and grateful enough!