In a few more days we are celebrating moms in all their glory. We are big fans of Martha Stewart here at Grandparentslink and we think that everyone needs to try these super easy Chocolate-Mousse Parfaits*! They are simple to make and who doesn’t love chocolate mousse?!
In this marvelous make-ahead dessert for two, airy chocolate mousse is layered with crushed store-bought spice cookies and topped with generous dollops of whipped cream.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more, lightly whipped, for serving
- 4 Belgian spice cookies, such as Lotus Biscoff, lightly crushed, plus more for serving
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a pot of simmering water until doubled in volume and a thermometer registers 160 degrees (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat. Add chocolate, cocoa, espresso powder, and salt. Stir in butter until melted. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip cream to stiff peaks. Stir one-third of whipped cream into chocolate mixture until lightened, then fold in remaining whipped cream. Divide half of mousse between two glasses; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Top with remaining mousse and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. To serve, top with lightly whipped cream and more cookie crumbs.
*Recipe reprinted from: https://www.marthastewart.com/1535579/chocolate-mousse-parfaits?printview