Looking for an extra special treat for your family this holiday season? Well, here you go! You can make these ahead of time, and surprise the family. Or better yet, get the grandkids involved and do this together. Plus, instead of feeling like you need to consume the whole apple, these pops on a stick are just the right amount—and easier to eat.
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tblsp coconut oil – optional
Toppings: sprinkles, sea salt, mini chocolate chips or candies, chopped nuts, caramel, cookie crumbles
– Wash and thoroughly dry the apples.
– Place the apple upright and cut into ½” thick slices from one side to the other. You will probably get 4 slices, and need to throw out the center part with the core.
– Carefully stick a popsicle stick into each apple slice.
– Melt chocolate chips.
– You can add a drop of coconut oil to make the chocolate easier to spread, if you like.
Creating Your Lollipop:
– Hold the popsicle stick, and spoon the melted chocolate over each side of the apple slice.
– Place each slice on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
– Then top with your favorite sprinkles toppings. Add nuts, a caramel or white chocolate dribble.
– Place in the refrigerator or freezer until set.
– If you’re not planning to eat right away, store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
When doing this as a grandchild activity, place the toppings in small bowls so the kids can
each decorate their own chocolate-covered lollipop. Great for an after-school snack too…
*Recipe from weelicious.com