Desserts in a Jar
Easy summertime entertaining; that’s what we love! Use old- fashion mason jars and layer your favorite dessert flavors into a spectacular presentation–all you’ll need is a spoon!! This is such a great twist on dessert, making it even more fun.
NO-BAKE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE POTS
Active: 25 min
Total: 25 min (plus chilling)
Makes: 8 Jars
1 ½ 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, at room temperature
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
8 graham crackers, ground (about 1 cup)
12 oz fresh raspberries
½ cup raspberry jam
8-oz glass jars (used for making jelly)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the heavy cream. Increase the speed to high and beat until thick and stiff, about two minutes. Beat in the lemon juice.
- Spoon graham cracker crumbs into the jars. Top with cheesecake batter, raspberries and jam, alternating red layers with cheesecake batter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
CHOCOLATE- HAZELNUT CHEESECAKE BATTER
- Omit the lemon juice. Fold ½ cup chocolate- hazelnut spread (such as Nutella) into the cheesecake batter until fully incorporated.
CHOCOLATE- HAZELNUT BROWNIE
- Layer chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake batter, one brownie of choice, whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
LEMON PUDDING POUND CAKE
- Layer lemon pudding, pieces of store bought pound cake, fresh blueberries and whipped cream!
CARAMEL BANANA PUDDING
- Layer ground graham crackers, vanilla pudding, fresh bananas, caramel sauce and whipped cream!
- Ground graham crackers, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate pudding and top it all off with some roasted peanuts!
CREAMY ORANGE CHEESECAKE
- Break up a cinnamon sugar donut and layer it with cheesecake batter, mandarin orange segments and add some whipped cream!
*Recipe from womansday.com, (Desserts in a jar), April 2013.