Homemade Biscotti is not only delish, but oh so easy. You will want to double the recipe and keep some handy in the freezer for an amazing crowd pleaser! Use your imagination (see variation note of this recipe) because you can’t go wrong – anything goes!
Total Time: 45 Minutes Prep: 15: Minutes Cook: 30 Minutes (Freezes great)
Ingredients (makes 3 dozen)
½ cup cooking oil
½ cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
½ cup chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans
Variations (you can use alone, or combine these together if desired)
ADD ½ cup dried cranberries, or dried blueberries, ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup coconut, ½ cup chopped raisins, ½ cup diced walnuts, or ½ cup shaved almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for about one hour.
- On heavily floured surface, shape into 3 narrow loaves.
- Bake on a lightly greased and floured baking sheet for 20-25 minutes (loaves will be slightly browned).
- Slice loaves diagonally while hot at the end of cooking time, and turn slices on their sides. (Slices should be about ¾ inch thick.)
- Turn oven to 450°F. Toast slices for 2 minutes per side just until crispy looking, but not burned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
*Recipe reprinted from: www.food.com, November 2013.