We’re not sure about you, but lemons are a staple in our house. These pancakes are so light and fluffy that you’ll most likely want to make them over and over. If you like, you can substitute the lemons with any fruit you like.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¾ cup 2% Greek yogurt
¾ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 ½ tsps. vanilla extract
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 Tblsp honey
Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
Fresh mint and mixed berries to garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, yogurt, ricotta, lemon zest, honey, and eggs.
3. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
4. Heat a griddle or skillet with nonstick olive oil cooking spray over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the hot griddle per pancake. Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the top and edges. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute, or until golden brown on the bottom.
5. Serve the pancakes immediately, topped with mixed berries and mint.
*Recipe from Start Healthy magazine, Issue 22, pg. 18.