One of our most favorite cookie recipes to share…some like to add raisins, some like to add nuts, but for us… this recipe is delish on its own. We dare you to have just one!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
(Or even add cranraisins)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins (or cranraisins), pecans, and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonful 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
*Recipe reprinted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chewy-oatmeal-cookies/