(you definitely will want to make!)
Looking for a couple of ways to wow your grandchildren for dessert, instead of the same old ice cream and brownies? These two super easy recipes will excite all the kids and show them whose got all the talent!*
Make the occasion extra special with our fun Cake Pops. They combine traditional white cake with frozen deliciousness and eye-catching colors. They’re not only perfect for ‘just dessert’, but will definitely leave an impression for birthdays, graduations, showers and more.
What You Need
1-1/2 cups (about ½ of 2-layer-size pkg.) white cake mix
7 Tbsp. ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
¼ cup multi-colored sprinkles, divided
3 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S White Chocolate
1 package of lollipop sticks
Let’s Make It
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 1 (8-inch) round cake. Cool completely.
- Break cake into large chunks; place in large bowl. Use your hands to crumble cake into fine crumbs. Add small amount of frosting; mix well. Add remaining frosting and 2 Tbsp. sprinkles; mix well. Roll into 16 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 1 hour.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip 1 end of lollipop stick into melted chocolate, then insert coated end halfway into 1 cake ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with additional lollipop sticks and remaining cake balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip cake balls, one at a time, in remaining melted chocolate; gently shake coated ball over bowl of melted chocolate to remove excess chocolate before returning cake ball to prepared baking sheet.
- Top with remaining sprinkles. Refrigerate 15 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Our Note: You can use just about anything to roll these in – just use your imagination!
Ice Cream Cone Rice Krispy Treats
Get out the cookie cutter for these Ice Cream Cone Rice Krispy Treats!
What You Need
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 pkg. (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
6 cups KELLOGG’S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S White Chocolate
¼ tsp. pink gel food coloring
1 Tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
6 maraschino cherries cut in half
Let’s Make It
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat.
- Microwave 1 ½ min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec.
- Add cereal; mix well. Press firmly into even layer on bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cool completely.
- Unmold cereal mixture onto cutting board. (Do not turn right side up.) Cut into 12 ice cream cone shapes, using 3 ½-to 4-inch cookie cutter. Reserve trimmings for snacking or another use. Melt chocolate as directed on package; stir in food coloring. Cool 5 min. Spread chocolate onto scoop portions of ice cream cone cutouts; top with sprinkles and cherries. Let stand 10 min. or until chocolate is firm.