…Mini Pot Pies!
Looking for the perfect dinner that will make the whole family sing with joy?
Here you go…
Mini Chicken and Root Vegetable Pot Pies
1 sweet potato, diced
1 parsnip, diced
2 sage leaves
5-6 cremini mushrooms, diced
1 white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
2 chicken breasts, diced
½ c. parsley, chopped
2½ tbsp. flour
1 c. chicken stock
½ c. white wine
Premade puff pastry dough
1 egg, plus 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sauté potatoes, parsnip, sage, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in oil and butter over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, allowing vegetables to sweat about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and saute chicken breast 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, parsley, flour, stock, and wine. Simmer 5 minutes and season again with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Fill four ramekins or baking cups with mixture and top each with a circle of dough about ¼-inch larger than the vessel.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
*Recipe reprinted from: www.dailycandy.com