You might dream of juicy barbecued meats and tender grilled vegetables at summer cookouts, but you also know that one of the best parts of warm-weather dining comes at the end of the meal. When your sweet tooth is aching, take a look at these yummy, summery desserts that will make the entire family wanting more!
Easy- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate. Trim edges. Line crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil or parchment to cover. (Do not prick the crust.) Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly cooled, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries on the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Classic Chocolate Cake
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar or favorite frosting
- In a bowl, cream butter, and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cake is cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar or top with your favorite frosting.
*Recipes sourced from: www.tasteofhome.com