Hey who doesn’t love a good ice cream in the summertime- you know the kind that drips and causes a lot of attention to licking! Well here’s a great way to enjoy your dessert after a family or friend get together. Certainly, with these four recipes to choose from, you will definitely be promoted to host or hostess of the year! Don’t be afraid in these recipes to shy away from making ice cream, because this is the new way- it’s a ‘no churn- ice cream that doesn’t require anything but your freezer.
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine
To make homemade ice cream without a machine, simply whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Add flavor mix ins. At this stage, you can fold in any desired flavorings or mix-ins.
Once you’ve made your base, you’ll need containers for freezing. You can use an 8×5-inch bread loaf pan for your container (this one is cool because it has a lid) but know that a metal container will freeze the ice cream faster and better than a glass pan. If you will be making ice cream often, consider investing in an insulated ice cream tub or container, or, we like using paper containers with lids for on-the-go individual servings.
Freeze, then serve! To serve, allow the ice cream to sit for a few minutes at room temperature, wet an ice cream scoop and spoon into dishes, scoop onto cones, or eat straight from the container like I typically do.
This style of ice cream will melt a little quicker than usual custard-based ice creams, but that’s okay! More incentive to lick it up fast!
Easy No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
This simple way to make homemade ice cream calls for just 3 ingredients plus any mix-ins you desire and is ready to eat in just a few hours.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks occur, be careful not to over whip. The cream will be done when you pull the beaters out and the cream stands at attention.
2. In another large bowl, whisk the vanilla into the sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula, slowly incorporating the two mixtures together so it stays light and aerated.
3. If making individual flavors, scoop the cream mixture into smaller bowls and gently fold in your desired mix-ins, or if making just one flavor, mix the ingredients directly into the cream mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture to an insulated tub or paper containers and freeze for 4-6 hours.
DIY your signature flavor!
We like to make the homemade ice cream base and then let everyone’s individual taste buds take over to invent their own favorite flavor. That’s why we gave you this super easy basic recipe to use as a base – now kick start your imagination and you can add just about anything or everything. Plus, if you’re looking to create a fun DIY ice cream bar- it doesn’t take forever to create.
Here are some of our favorite flavor combos
- Strawberry Bean: Smidge of vanilla bean, frozen strawberries, white chocolate chips
- Key Lime Pie: White chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, lime juice, lime zest
- Minty Mini-Chocolate Chip: Fresh minced mint leaves, peppermint extract, green food coloring, mini chocolate chips
- The Islander: Toasted coconut with pineapple chunks, macadamia nuts and salted caramel
- German Chocolate Cake: Cocoa powder, chocolate cake pieces, toasted coconut & pecans, caramel drizzle
- Smores– mini-marshmallows, broken Hershey chocolate bars, graham cracker crumbs
- Pecan–Caramel & Fudge– Chopped Pecans, caramel syrup, fudge syrup
Enjoy the endless possibilities for an at home ice cream parlor with your friends & family!
*Portions sourced from: https://www.foodiecrush.com/how-to-make-easy-no-churn-ice-cream/