from cookbook, BEAUTIFUL BUFFETS by Cookie Stagman with Arlene Bronstein
Here’s another great addition for your Memorial Day celebration. What a fun recipe for you to make with your grandchildren…as long as they are not allergic to peanuts! Peanut butter is such an Americana treat, and when you put the cups with the added touch of chocolate into a cookie, well forget about it…fabulous! Go make them. NOW! Your grandchildren will be jumping up and down (as will everyone else).
Yummy Peanut Butter Doodles
(Yield: 40 – 48)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- large bag of MINI peanut butter cups – totally unwrap 48
- mini muffin pans
- mini muffin papers
1) In a mixer on medium speed, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
2) Slowly add the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3) Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Take a small teaspoon of dough, roll in a small ball and press into muffin tin. (should be about ¾’s full).
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven, until light brown.
6) Remove from oven, and place one mini peanut butter cup in the middle of each muffin. (BE CAREFUL: the pan is hot!)
7) Cool in the refrigerator for 20 -30 minutes and then remove from tins. Place in paper cups.
P.S.: You can make candy bar lollipops using the same dough. Take mini candy bars and cut them in half (or quarters). Put a lollipop stick in the center of the candy bar piece. Wrap enough dough around the piece to cover it, and then place the ball (with the stick) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes, until light brown. Cool ten minutes and remove from pan. These are great birthday party favors, or place cards. You can get plastic bags and ribbons to complete the look.
Kids love to make these Doodles and Lollipops!